Volunteering with Us
“Volunteering has given me new skills and confidence through the weekly interactions and the specialist training it has provided. I’m very grateful”
Would you like to do something rewarding and exciting? Do you have a few spare hours a week? Read on to see how you could make a real difference to someone’s life…
Meet me at the Ackroyd centre is a twice-monthly programme of artistic workshops for older people. The sessions take inspiration from Meet Me at the Albany, Entelechy Art’s award-winning arts club for isolated older people.
We are looking for compassionate and friendly individuals who enjoy art making. You don’t need any prior experience of working with older people just an openness and willingness to learn.
- Volunteer tasks and responsibilities
- Support artistic activity.
- Volunteer in line with the health and safety requirements.
- Help inspire and motivate members of the Ackroyd centre.
- Volunteer in line with Entelechy Arts training around boundaries and safeguarding.
- We will require individuals who are comfortable with working with people who may have Dementia; extra training can be provided on this.
Volunteers play a vital role in supporting Entelechy Arts’ work.
You can get involved by working alongside our participants in a range of weekly creative events like helping to run a film club, supporting people to access our events or Befriending.
“I love the fact that Meet Me is so inclusive. Whatever your face or faith or ability everyone is so inclusive and welcoming.” Project volunteer
Meet Me Befrienders
Are you recently or soon going to be retired? Are you looking for a new challenge that would make a real difference to somebody’s life?
Then you might be the person we are looking for…
The Meet Me Befriending scheme improves the lives of isolated older people living in South East London.
As a Befriender, you can help someone connect to their community by getting involved with activities such as:
- Catch up and coffee
- Attending one of our art groups; choir or film club
- Supporting people to become involved in other local activities
- Helping people become more active as walking companions and much more…